Prevent identity theft
Kivra is a powerful tool when it comes to discover and prevent identity theft. With quick information, Kivra gives you a chance to stop fraud in time.
How to prevent identity theft?
Just by creating a Kivra account, you will receive a robust identity coverage. Since digital post is sent without delay, you will quickly get information if someone has demanded your credit report or if your folkbokföringsadress (population registration address) has been changed. You will also get quick info if you have been registered in a company or housing society via Bolagsverket. Or if you have been wrongfully registered as a representative via Skatteverket.
E-mail notifications and push notifications via the Kivra app let you stay on top of information regarding your identity.
How Kivra protects your identity
“To discover and prevent fraud in time, it is of great importance that you keep track of your post –especially credit reports and information regarding changes of population registration address. It's essential that you swiftly get to know if there has been a change. That's why my recommendation is to sign up for a secure digital mailbox, with which you can get notifications and quickly access your important letters. With a digital mailbox, you will have a much better chance to stop fraud in time.”
- Anders Olofsson, Swedish Police Authority, National Center of Fraud Prevention
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is a generic term that concerns all fraudulent activities regarding your identity. For example, identity theft can mean that someone else is placing orders on the internet in your name, or make changes in your population registration address. Identity theft is one of the most common frauds in Sweden.
How does identity theft occur?
You don't necessarily have to physically lose an identity paper to be exposed for identity theft. Fraud can also be made with only your personal number, name, login information or e-mail. Personal numbers are public according to Swedish law and therefore vulnerable for fraudulent activities. Fraudsters can misuse it for online shopping, ordering credit cards or sign agreements.
How do I detect identity theft?
Common signs that can indicate identity theft:
- You receive information about a credit report in your name, that you do not recognise. Learn more about credit reports in Kivra.
- You receive letters, calls or e-mails about products that you haven't ordered.
- You receive information about a change in your population registration address.
- You receive bills of products that you have not ordered.
- You detect transactions on your bank account report, which you do not recognise.
- You receive appliance sheets, for which you have not asked.
- You receive bank letters which you don't recognise.
- You get notifications from authorities which you don't recognise.
Get your account or learn more
Carina stopped the fraud in time
"You have a new letter from Creditsafe in Kivra". The importance of getting quick information was crucial for Carina. (At the moment, the article is only available in Swedish)
- What is identity theft?
- How can I prevent identity theft?
- How do I detect an identity theft?