Setting up Swish payments is easy. Here's your step-by-step guide to implementing Swish payments.
Set up Swish
Follow the steps below to setup Swish as a payment method in Kivra:
- Contact Kivra and let us know that you want to add Swish as payment method for Kivra invoices. You need to sign an additional agreement with Kivra that regulates the processing of personal data for Swish payments.
- Tell your bank that you want to start receiving payments via Swish with Kivra as a technical supplier. You need to have a Swish Commerce (Swish för handel) agreement with your bank.
- Kivra activates Swish payments for your invoices, so that you can verify that your system can read the settlement information from the bank. Your company will receive settlement information about the incoming Swish payments in a file from your bank.
- When you have verified that your system can read the necessary information such as OCR numbers and amounts from the bank file you are ready to go-live. Done!
Benefits with Swish payments
- Payments go directly to your company’s account, without delay.
- OCR-number and other details are pre-filled when the user receives the invoice. This eliminates the risk for inaccurate details.
- A customer experience that over 8 million people in Sweden are familiar with.
Easier for the customer
With Swish, your customers can pay their invoices instantly, with only a few clicks. All details are pre-filled when the Swish app opens. Here's what the user journey looks like:
- The user opens the invoice in Kivra.
- The user selects Swish as payment method.
- The Swish app opens automatically if installed on the same device. If the payer is using another device such as a computer, a QR code will be shown, which the payer can scan with the Swish app to complete the payment. The payer signs with BankID.
- The money is instantly transferred to your company's account. The user can see the payment in their Swish app, in their bank history and in their Kivra account.
Advanced features (to be released in 2023 Q2)
The most simple use case is to have the same Swish number for all invoices. This use case is already supported. In addition, it will soon be possible to have different Swish numbers on different invoices, and enable Swish for only part of your invoices. These features are planned to be released in 2023 Q2 and will work as described below.
Different Swish numbers on different invoices
In order to have different Swish numbers on different invoices, send the Swish number that should be used for the specific invoice in the optional swish_alias metadata attribute. The Swish number must be one that has been registered on you as a sender in Kivra.
Enable Swish for a part of your invoices
To enable Swish in Kivra for a subset of the invoices, send the Swish number in the swish_alias metadata attribute on the invoices that should be possible to pay via Swish and leave this field empty on the invoices that should not be payable via Swish.
Pre-requisites: The Swish numbers sent on the invoices must be registered with you as a sender in Kivra. There is no default Swish number registered with you as a sender in Kivra. Read more about the default Swish number below.
Default Swish number
Kivra can set one Swish number as turned on by default. This means that all of your invoices in Kivra will be possible to pay using this Swish number even if the Swish number is not sent on the invoice. In case you want a specific invoice to be paid to another Swish number, then send this Swish number in the optional swish_alias metadata attribute. In case you want to disable Swish payment for a specific invoice, then send the string disable in the optional swish_alias metadata attribute.
To find out more about Multiple Swish numbers open the API reference and
- expand context > invoice > payment_or_payment_multiple_options
- select PaymentMultipleOptions
- see attribute swish_alias
The new swish_alias attribute is only available on the PaymentMultipleOptions object and not on the Payment object.
Frequently Asked Questions about Swish
How does Swish work for businesses?
Are the funds transferred instantly to our bank account?
How do we get information about incoming payments?
We’re already using Swish, do we need a new Swish number for Kivra?
What if we already have a technical supplier for Swish?